The problem is, I'm having a hard time focusing on recreation things like blogging. I haven't even been taking that many photos recently! My mind is divided and stretched across so many things right now. I won't lie, times are tough in our household right now. I haven't been the only one with insomnia issues (but at least getting ourselves to go to bed earlier has been making a positive impact recently!). Michael is still looking for jobs, I'm soul searching about working full time again. I have a second round interview with an advertising firm tomorrow. I honestly am at the point I feel ready to do whatever I need to do. I'm praying for clarity. Whether I end up freelancing or working full-time again, I believe I'm the type of person who will succeed at whichever I put my mind too. I'm an achiever, and I have a greater purpose that will keep me going. I like a good challenge, I'm a planner, and I'm determined. Together, we'll figure out a way to make it work. I also keep reminding myself, I'll do what it takes now. It doesn't mean I need to do it a year from now, I have the freedom to change directions if needed.
Liam is thriving and getting more fun every day. The one thing that reassures me when I think about the possibility of finding a good childcare provider is, he loves being around other kids. At church and at his cousin's baptism this last Saturday, he approaches the kids and wants to play. He laughs at older kids and just generally enjoys being around others. I think he would love having other kids to play with, and if I do end up staying at home I will search out more opportunities for him to do this.
Around the house, he's into putting toys into things. He puts a lot of toys in the trash can, thankfully just the little one next to my computer, so I have to watch carefully so nothing gets thrown out. He's big into making messes, and there are still days I don't even try to keep up. We do the best we can and would invite anyone who would make a critical comment to come over and provide their cleaning services ;-) I spied him climbing into a box the other day, and was wondering what was going on. The picture didn't quite cut it, so I started the video...
Liam loves a wide variety of food now, and he's finally using sippy cups too.
The big news, Liam finally moved to his very own "big boy" room last week! I know this sounds crazy to some people we waited this long, but our previous arrangement was perfect for our family for the last year, and Liam did start sleeping all night long before the move. He's been sleeping great in his own room, and we love not having to tip toe quietly through the dark when going to bed. I was thankful it was one of those experiences where, when it was the right time everyone knew it and everything just fell into place. We'll be dealing with molars soon, so though I'm not a superstitious person I'm almost afraid to even mention when he's sleeping well because I know there could be another rough patch soon. I thank God for every good night and take one day at a time. I hope soon sleep won't feel like such a luxury and we can all have a reliable quiet night most of the time.
The only drawback so far is he now is getting up earlier (we're talking 5:30-6am). I used to sometimes get him to sleep in when he was within arms reach, but this no longer works! We usually won't go in and get him until 6am (usually he wakes up happy and doesn't seem to care), and I'm hoping he'll go back waking up at 6:30 or later after this round of teething. I'll take sleeping all night and waking up super early over multiple night wake ups any day now, so I'm not complaining! In the meantime, Michael and I started going to bed at 10pm, and this has really helped us at least get a full night sleep too. You gotta accept what you can control, and what you cannot.
The only drawback so far is he now is getting up earlier (we're talking 5:30-6am). I used to sometimes get him to sleep in when he was within arms reach, but this no longer works! We usually won't go in and get him until 6am (usually he wakes up happy and doesn't seem to care), and I'm hoping he'll go back waking up at 6:30 or later after this round of teething. I'll take sleeping all night and waking up super early over multiple night wake ups any day now, so I'm not complaining! In the meantime, Michael and I started going to bed at 10pm, and this has really helped us at least get a full night sleep too. You gotta accept what you can control, and what you cannot.
I'll leave you with a medley of dancing baby videos! I got the first half and Michael got the second half. We were laughing especially at the music he was dancing to in the second half. I'm convinced Liam wants to prove any music can be dancing music! He doesn't even always need music, he'll often dance if I ask him.



No comments:
Post a Comment