I am hoping starting next Monday we can all begin a new routine that we can stick with for awhile (at least until closer to the time the new baby is set to arrive of course). We have finally found a full-time child care solution for Liam that I really like!! He will be starting at a place that is basically a pre-preschool that has been around a long time and was chartered by the Ohio Board of Education. Their staff was very friendly, experienced, helpful, and professional. One of the biggest things that impressed me was how organized they are. Their handbook had information I never even thought to ask about, so there are no surprises and everything is completely clear. Out of all the places I checked out, they were the most reasonably priced as well and had the best accommodations to make our lives easier. They will expose Liam to all the different school subjects daily, and he'll only be with kids within 6 months of his age. He'll get outdoor time twice everyday (weather permitting). They have a special playground for his age group, a soccer field, and also little trails for older kids (the entire area is also under surveillance, and as a visitor I was approached by every staff member who saw me... which I think is a very good sign).
My biggest concern is how Liam is going to learn to nap there, but they have staff very experienced in helping toddlers adjust so we'll see what they can do. They also will give thorough reports on his day, and I am welcome to drop by anytime I want. One of the perks is this place is located 5 minutes from my office, so I don't have to drive way out of my way and if something ever came up and Liam needed me he wouldn't have long to wait. I think given the circumstances, this is the best option for now. If for some reason he doesn't adjust well over the next couple weeks they would let me know and probably recommend he not be in group care (which I doubt that would happen, but I am glad to know they are going to look out for what best meets the needs of the child). I'm just so glad I don't have to try to line up different sitters ever week and be stuck taking 4 different routes to work like I did last week.
Finally, here are just a few pictures and video of a little Liam has been up to over the summer!
With a face this sweet, Mommy cannot get angry even when he gets into her purse and tries out her lip gloss again.
He loves making animal sounds now. Here are his two favorites (he does also say "meow" sometimes, but I like his imitation of Chester better!)...
Liam trying to give Chester treats.
Creating his own hat
He loves walking around in our shoes!
There were lots of "gordies" to see and to ride!





A little corn on the cob lover!
My amazing little helper (who just ran out and started doing this (so I ran to get the camera and asked him to do it again)... he's watched Daddy do this enough he completely picked it up!)
Finally, this is what happens when diaper rash boy (who was battling diarrhea a couple days this holiday weekend) can reach his diaper bag while we are traveling in the car. For some reason, he loves to try to eat Desitin which is harmless... though it can act as a laxative which is the last thing you want when diarrhea is the concern!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the photos and updates Lisa. So excited for your family in this new transition. I am sure Liam will appreciate all of your hard work and really enjoy nursery/preschool. You guys are doing great and I am excited for what lies ahead for you. Lots of love to you and the whole bunch.
Post a Comment