Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
First Week as a Stay-At-Home Mom
Oh, I don't even know where to start. The first thing I can say is being a stay-at-home mom feels so different now. It's a lot harder now compared to the month it was just me and Liam, and I didn't fully anticipate how hard it could be. There are days I'd feel so defeated I would wonder how I could continue doing this, and other days I'd feel on top of the world. We are still trying to find our groove. There is a learning curve as well I'm still overcoming, as some things that were more simple before now seem really complicated (going out anywhere, making phone calls, nap time, making lunch (had to do this one handed at least once), keeping up with dishes, and even who to respond to first now sometimes both start fussing at the same time). I'd have a good day, then an awful day. A productive day, then another day where everything felt like it was falling apart. I had moments were if they offered me my old job back, I'd want to accept in a heartbeat (then I'd remember how difficult and expensive that time was too, and how it took at least a month to find some groove in that too). I have also had moments were I really wouldn't trade this time for the world. It's just been an emotional roller coaster. The only thing that is clear is it is not easy being a mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment