Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Has anyone seen my baby? Who's this toddler terrorizing our house!?

I have noticed it is much harder to keep this house clean. When I fold clothes and put them into drawers, I find them scattered all over the floor again in minutes if I'm not paying attention. I'm finding myself washing colanders and skillets over and over again even though we aren't cooking with them. Every night, I have to sweep the floor because the Cheerios and food never stay neatly on the tray anymore. Nothing is safe! The paper shredder is always tempting target with all it's inner confetti, as are brooms, cords, and anything that could fall, break, or make a big mess. I don't even bother picking up toys most nights: it's like trying to dig a hole in the sand when the tide is coming in on the beach. And today, I didn't have two reliable breaks to get caught up when our little busybody wanted to try out one nap instead of two. We are definitely in transition over here!

I plan to post pictures from our family trip to Lake Hope to share with those of you there and those of you who were not. I also have some additional portraits coming soon as well. If Liam gives me a moment. Here is just some of what he's been up to this past week!

He's fascinated with some apples that some of Michael's relatives grew and gave us! He could tell they are good too. I gave him little bits to eat after he kept doing this.
Please excuse our dust: Baby at play!
Did I mention there's a lot more toddling going on around here?


Check out what else he learned today, and demonstrated repeatedly before his evening bath!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so excited about climbing on the chair. It's cute to see him celebrate.