Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Transition

Big sigh of relief over here at last. The last week and a half or so was quite crazy, as I was transitioning between being a self-employed freelancer to a full-time graphic designer. On top of freelance, I also had to complete a couple volunteer projects I was doing for our church. During the brief overlap, I really had no free time and was spending my time running from one thing to the next. I was getting up early (5:30-6am), staying up late (11pm), and was running on a lot of adrenaline.

I finally caught two unexpected breaks I really needed. First, they ended up taking the freelance project off my hands last week (though I still had to organize files this past weekend). Then, when our second winter storm in a week hit they let us leave work at 1pm today. Michael and I spent our afternoon rediscovering a beautiful and spacious bedroom underneath all the piles of laundry and clutter that had been building way too long. I might be confused where I am when I first wake up in the morning!

When I was a stay-at-home mom, I often heard how hard it is for mothers to go back to work. For me, it was surprisingly no big deal. Don't get me wrong, I really do miss Liam. But I really feel complete peace about this, and really felt I was just returning to my old routines. I don't think it would have been easy for me when he was even 5 months old. Maybe it also is because we were really hitting dire straits, or maybe it helps I know he's got a loving Daddy taking care of him. Michael did an excellent job being a stay-at-home dad last week. He had dinner ready for me, he kept the house neat, and Liam was happy and being his normal self. I got to hear some wild stories, like how Liam has learned to push chairs, his toy piano, his wagon, or whatever he feels is sturdy to something else to climb to new heights! He also is trying to work door knobs, and getting into more than ever before. Daddy is continuing to toddler-proof the house as needed to keep our little explorer safe!

Climbing into his wagon (he used it once to climb into the second drawer on his dresser and pull stuff off the top).
Playing with "Gordy"
Ut oh! Somebody got into the sugar!! Don't worry, we are brushing his teeth and thankfully he didn't eat much.

Here are also some more snow baby pictures from today! We had 6-7 inches of snow from last week's storm, that didn't really melt much and could have another 5-9 by tomorrow morning. This is the first more snowy winter we have had in awhile.
Eating snow
And here it is captured by video (I hope this works). I was sad to find some of my other embedded videos are not working, and I don't know why!


Check out these expressions! He was not a fan of making snow angels in this much snow (or getting snow on his face)!
Miscellaneous snowy scenes
Lots of icicles
Ut oh! That is dangerous!
The old snow was pretty packed down, so we weren't even seeing the ground!

2 comments:

Mama York said...

That's a lot of snow for your city neighborhood! We have walls of snow anywhere from 12" to 6 feet here in NB. Love those pictures of little darling in his blue snowsuit. He is a charmer! Can't wait to see him and give him a hug!

Aunt Amy said...

Still no videos...I'm so sad!