Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet 16

Time for the bi-weekly belly shot pictures! This past week I had to put away my shorts with zippers for the summer, and break out the maternity ones. The widest part of my waist around where my belly button is already is measuring around 34.5 inches!

This past week and a half we experienced a very strange phenomenon: little Liam suddenly became a super-sleeper. We kidded he was showing off his Michael side at last. He went from averaging around 11 hours at night with around a 1-2 hour nap each day, to sleeping 12-14 hours at night straight (sometimes still napping a little, but often skipping it altogether after the longer nights of sleep). The night before last I was astonished when Michael told me Liam slept 15 hours (until around 11am), and then I began to hope nothing was wrong. That extra sleeping in was actually a blessing in disguise, because our refrigerator had a lot of ice build up around the heat exchanger, and wasn't keeping things as cold as it should. Michael was able to fix the problem before the babe woke up!

Liam never slept that much before, so I considered calling the doctor. But he was acting like his normal happy self, eating well, had no symptoms of illness. I think it was just one of those weird phase kids sometimes go through, or a likely growth spurt. Either way, this morning he woke up at his previous normal time of 7:30am, after 11.5 hours of sleep. Michael said he took a good nap this afternoon as well. I didn't say a lot to other parents about being worried about my little super-sleeper, since most of the time parents are worried because kids aren't sleeping (and I've definitely been in that boat a fair share). But either extreme or variance from a norm can make any parent alert (and had I been home I probably would have checked on him sooner than Michael and likely woke him up before he ever set new sleeping records for himself!).

Extra sleep was definitely nice while it lasted (especially for Michael). We know all too well those days are numbered with #2's impending arrival! I do admit, I also do really enjoy giving him a big hug as I lift him out of the crib, eating breakfast with him in the morning, and waving goodbye to him as I pull out of the garage. Sometimes a little quiet time to myself in the morning is nice too.

No comments: