The book: http://www.thewonderweeks.com/files/ww_content.html
A blog with detailed information from this chapter in the book at the stage Liam is in: http://blogginaboutbabies.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/wonder-week-37/
I shall go through the signs and tell you if Liam has exhibited them:
- cling to your cloths and hold on tight to you (Yes)
- shy (A little sometimes, this was unusual for him)
- demand more attention (Yes, with screams now sometimes)
- have nightmares (Yes...at least it seems like it)
- act unusually sweet (He's generally sweet, so I haven't noticed anything unusual)
- refuse to have diaper changed (Yes, this wasn't a big deal before)
- seem more babyish (Not sure about this one either)
- lose appetite (Yes, has shown no interest at all in solids recently, even ones he used to like)
- cries more often/ cranky (Yes)
- sleeps poorly (YES! And he was sleeping so well :-( )
- babbles less (No, he's still a talker)
- less lively (No)
- sometimes sits quietly, looks like he is daydreaming (Not sure about this one)
- sucks thumb or does so more often than before (Not seen to much of this, but has wanted to nurse much longer than before)
- reaches for a cuddly toy (Not sure about this one)
Just over the past couple days, he started exhibiting new skills. The most noticeable is he can sit himself up completely unassisted. When I was trying to get him wound down for sleep, the two times he woke back up and started fussing in the crib I came up to find him just sitting in there. He's also been doing the coordinated crawl much more, but he still likes to do his "swimming style" crawl as well.
Michael is also particularly happy that his little son has started calling him Daddy recently too! He has been saying "Dada" here and there, and today we both heard him say what sounded more like daddy when he was looking right at him. It was so adorable and sweet!
Liam checking out one of Daddy's civil engineering books, this one was about construction planning and management.
Playing with a new toy our friend Maureen dropped off.
And finally, here is a cute video Michael got of Liam on a "Tiger Hunt."
Liam is about to go on another new adventure, and will be going on his first mini-vacation. We're going to be Michigan-bound this weekend for a big steam train festival, with Michael's parents, brother and sister-in-law and their two kids. Overall I'm excited and think it will be fun. I always loved road trips. I will admit though, I am a little nervous about how well Liam will sleep during and after this trip with all we have been through lately. But, we'll do the best we can and hope and pray for the best. Right now we're just busy, busy, busy getting ready.



3 comments:
Maybe the trip will be so exhausting Liam will sleep really well!
So he was crawling before sitting up? Interesting. I think how kids all go in different orders is pretty fascinating.
I am hoping the trip will just wear him out!
Yes, Liam started crawling before working on sitting up on his own. He'd sit up pretty well before if I put him in the sitting position, but he only started just sitting up on his own recently. Oddly for him, I think learning to pull up to stand helped him figure out he likes sitting up, since he sometimes plops his bum down in when he's done standing and is ready to do something else (instead of falling like he did at first).
Love the "Tiger Hunt" video + music. Very cute! :) He's getting pretty fast, too!
Post a Comment