Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Thumps, Bumps, and Bruises...oh my!

Here are a few videos of Liam at 8 months. For those who have never seen Liam in a fussy mood, here you go (it generally only happens when he's tired)! This was the result of me dozing off in the chair while nursing Liam in the middle of the afternoon. We both took a 30 minute afternoon power nap. It helped me, but meant Liam needed an early evening nap and would have a later bedtime (I have tried earlier bedtimes with him in the past after power naps, but they were usually dismal failures for him). Liam was definitely a little out of sorts by the evening, but ended up still doing fine most of the night, as far as I remember anyway. As you'll also see, I laid out the foam floor puzzle on the floor around the places where he likes to pull up to help give him a slightly softer landing than plain hardwood floor. It's the closest we can get to padded carpet in this house.



Today I got Liam into a good sleep rhythm today, but when I first set him down for a nap in the afternoon he clearly wasn't ready. I ended up picking him up, waiting 15 minutes more, then he went down no problem. However I ran for the camera in this instance because I noticed he had learned a new trick: pulling up inside the crib. Oh no! Say it isn't so!


We also were amazed when we turned away for a moment, and next thing we knew Liam had climbed up on a stair by himself. We scurried to get the camera and captured the following. We have to get a baby gate up, we already have a climber on our hands. Yikes!


Liam go boom (this happens regularly around here now). Don't worry Grandmas, he was just fine. ;-)

No comments: