Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All in a Day's Fun

After awhile of posting only once a week, I'm going to overwhelm some of you with the recent flurry of activity and posts. I know Liam's grandmas in particular will be cheering!

Today was all around just a great, productive, and beautiful day that was full of fun. Liam also slept very well, which is always a good thing too. It started out, like all good days do, with a beautiful morning walk. The mornings have been a lot cooler (like in the low to mid 50's this morning), so we both bundled up.

He's starting to look more and more like a little boy instead of a baby!
There was a random art exhibit at the park this morning, all about going green. This one reminded me of what my little guy is working on.
They need this one in the neighborhood I live in....
Here is a brief glimpse of our adventures, complete with Liam propping those legs up on the car seat adapter!

The sun was just coming up over the trees, you can barely see it peeking through on the left.
Liam does all kinds of fun and random things now, you never know what he'll be doing or getting into next. He was reminding us of a puppy here...


Making friends with Mr. Pumpers, who tolerates him well!

I have been making lots of delicious homemade baby food. It is super easy, just steam, puree in the food processor, serve or freeze to thaw and microwave to serve later. This it the making of chicken with sweet potato and carrots that was headed for the freezer.
Here was today's lunch, broiled chicken (thigh meat that was brushed with olive oil...thighs are good for babies with more fat, iron, and twice the zinc) and sweet potato with coconut milk and a touch of cinnamon (it tastes like a dessert and Mommy ate the leftovers). Liam adored the chicken and at ALL of it but a few scraps, he then ate a least a tablespoon or more of his "dessert." I have never seen him eat that much before! Here he was chowing down, then doing very well practicing using his sippy cup.


I was at my computer earlier today, when I heard a loud commotion in the kitchen. Liam found the pans and had a blast playing with one. This series captures the discovery well...
I can make a lot of noise!

No comments: