Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Official!!

I'm finally a full-time mommy and wife!! My first full day on the job went really well, and made me reflect on all the time I was missing out on with my sweet little boy. He's just doing so many new things now, and his language skills have just exploded over the last month. He repeats almost everything and picks up new words and phrases all the time. We were listening to Christmas music in the car on the way back from the Zoo, and he started trying to sing "Jingle Bells"!

I also love being able to keep things more in order, and feel a greater sense of control over our environment (at least for now). Michael and I both have done a lot of cleaning, de-cluttering, and organizing for the past couple nights (perhaps some early nesting ;-). My goals during the day are just to focus primarily on Liam while cleaning as I go and maintaining things little by little. I have learned to be okay with not finishing everything I start in one setting, but rather pausing and coming back to it later when needed. I also enjoyed being able to make Coconut Indian Chicken Curry for dinner tonight, which Liam loves but I haven't had time to make at all since Michael started his job. I'm also excited to begin making other things as well as start preparing some meals to freeze for the time after the baby arrives. It's just been so nice. I feel this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm so glad I didn't wait any longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! What a great opportunity to enjoy your babies as much as possible.