Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

One Year Ago

On this date one year ago, I discovered Liam was on his way and our world was about to change. I remember then thinking 9 months seemed so long, and so scary since you never know what will happen. Now I cannot believe how fast it went.

Yesterday Liam rolled from belly to back twice (first time during naked tummy time after his bath)! Michael was in the room at the time and also witnessed this first. He saw Liam's face, and said he had an amazed look. Unfortunately, Michael barely missed capturing the second roll on video. Since that time, he hasn't done it again. He seems most interested rolling over when he has minimal clothes on. I think it will be good for him to be learning to crawl or maybe walk during the warmer months. He currently behaves like clothes cramp his style!

Michael also got the washing machine working again! Something is still off on it's suspension, so it bumps and jumps and tries to walk across the floor during the final spin cycle. Still, it cleans clothes! And this is just in time. I went through Liam's clothes and was surprised to find the Carters 6 month size fits him now!! I noticed during our clothes shortage, almost all of his Carters 3 month outfits are way too short. I find Carters clothes tends to run shorter than some other brands.

Finally, this evening Liam played his first little game with me. I was nursing him and reading a bedtime story. He was clutching my index finger, and at one point pushed it up to my mouth. I gave his hand a kiss. This made him smile, and he repeated this gesture. Over and over. He had the biggest smile and squealed/giggles a little with delight. It was just one of those precious moments, I was just in love. So sweet.

And to add to the sweetness, he was a very nice boy went to sleep on his crib as I was typing this with his Rainforest Soother was on. I savor these nights he goes to bed before us. This extra time to just relax and have a moment to myself is so refreshing.

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Hasn't this been the fastest year ever? I'm almost terrified to go to sleep in case I wake up and I'm 45!

Mama York said...

Amy, if it is any comfort to you, I use to worry the same thing, about 35 years ago!!!! Marianne