Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, June 26, 2009

More Fun and Excitement

This post will mostly be like a picture book. Here are some of Liam's recent endeavors.
Sweet boy!
A picture of the two bottom teeth (this was the best I could get!)
Liam tried cauliflower for the first time and liked it! It is one of his Daddy's favorites, so like father like son.
Liam is very into pulling up as much as he can now, but usually only gets up on his knees. He has only pulled himself to standing once so far. He takes a tumble every now and then, but is quickly learning.
Two videos of Liam having fun with food and trying to feed himself.

More successful this time:


I couldn't resist also doing a photo shoot because he was so cute (and messy). He does new expressions all the time. Seriously, if you don't have kids you may never understand that moms can never have enough pictures like these! Thank God for digital cameras!!
I think he wanted freckles ;-)
Enjoying licking rice off his fingers.

In other good news, Liam has started sleeping through the night again (the minimal definition is a 5 hour stretch of time with no wakings). He sleeps 10-12 hours total usually with just a few brief wakings...we're going to slowly work on encourage him to sleep longer now as well. Despite this, Mommy has not been sleeping unfortunately some nights. I dealt with a bad case of insomnia last night where I slept for 2 hours, awoke at 11pm, and couldn't go back to sleep until 4am. I got 4 hours after that, but still! I am praying that isn't a regular occurrence. Last night Liam did his first 6.5 hour stretch in a long time last night, until a pretty fierce electrical storm came through and woke us both up with a dazzling laser light show at 2:30am. Thankfully, we both feel back to sleep afterward and woke up feeling rested! I still wondered how long he might have kept sleeping had it not been for that disruption.

Liam is now napping most of the time in his crib, instead of the car seat!!! I am happy he was adaptable, and has transitioned peacefully and easily with just patience and consistency. Teething set us back a couple days last week, but after we got through the worst days he started going down in the crib again and staying asleep better. He hasn't needed the Motrin at all recently either.

I am really enjoying when he "asks" me for a nap. The first time, he showed me it was nap time by crawling into his car seat (but did proceed to sleep in his crib). Today he started playing with a pacifier and put it in his mouth right around nap time! I took him upstairs, and sure enough he went down very easy (and didn't even use it). I was amazed!

No comments: