Motrin (aka Ibuprofen) was my hero of the day. I gave Liam his first dose yesterday before his afternoon nap, just to make sure he had no rare reaction. For the first time in few days, he took a 1.75 hour nap. Last night, it was like I had a whole new baby. I woke him up at 11 to give him his next dose, and he had an excellent feed. I heard him make noises sometime in the middle of the night and on auto-pilot remember putting a pacifier in his mouth. But he didn't really wake up until 4am. After that, not until 6:30 (but then I kept him in bed until 7:30). I felt so much more rested too! I am just so relieved I helped him get some relief instead of just ignoring him or leaving him to cry in pain all night. I gave him one dose this morning, and he slept 2.25 hours for his first nap, and 2 for the second (with a brief awakening after 30 minutes...I nursed him a little to relax again, as it was clear he was not ready to get up). It's amazing, now rested he's so active and doing all kinds of new things (more details below).
In other news, I'm still looking for work. I had a very weird interview today, with a company that almost seemed to want to exploit graphic designers: work for free then only get paid for your designs that sell. Definitely not what I'm looking for! But I have another more promising interview for a part-time position with a local news station tomorrow at 11am.
The biggest excitement of today was watching Liam pull himself up to the standing position all by himself! I could barely believe my eyes. I was just sitting on the couch next to our cat Pumpkin, after my interview, when the next thing I know there is Liam looking right at us. Pumpkin fled, but Michael ran and got these pictures:
Liam also tried pears for the first time:
Grabbed a piece and just took a bite



1 comment:
that is so awesome that he is pulling himself up. Sooner or later he will be running around the house while you chase him. hahaha
Post a Comment