They checked his ears for trouble. After he's been pulling them and screaming like he's in pain at night, it was one of my suspicions. But they looked great. I also wondered if he could be having reflux, but they told me it usually resolves itself as babies get older so it would be highly unlikely for him to just be developing it now. Then the checked his mouth, and noticed his upper gums are very swollen! You can see the bulges of four teeth moving down, and they said two are about to break through. No wonder! Nightmares and night terrors also usually begin at this age, so that can be part of it too. While they claim teething doesn't disrupt all babies sleep, it does effect Liam. I remember horrible nights right before the first teeth broke through. The Motrin is helping. I gave him more last night and he only had 2 nightwakings that I remember.
Liam's iron levels were also checked. They stuck him in the big toe, and I was impressed the boy didn't even flinch. He watched what they were doing with curiosity, especially when they were squeezing his toe to get a big enough drop of blood out. Then they gave him a Tasmanian Devil bandage (which does not seem like a good idea), and he was enthralled by it...picking at it and trying to put that toe in his mouth of course. I was concerned about him swallowing it, so kept a close eye on it and it was removed by the time we came home.
Here are some 9 month pictures of him from the past week.
Liam loves books. He opened this one up and it was as if he was saying "Read to me!" He loves the pictures now and sometimes tries to grab them.
And finally, Liam making new discoveries...



No comments:
Post a Comment