Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mr. Personality

Time is flying, and I can already sense fall's impending arrival. The mornings are now not bright so early, the sun is setting earlier every day, and the mornings are a lot cooler. Bring it on though, my absolute favorite time of is year September-October!

Our little one is also growing, and showing more and more of his fun and upbeat personality. One day this week he started clapping for me the first time, after I had been trying to teach him for a couple days. He was adorable, just would stop what he was doing, sit and clap, and give me the biggest smile like he was cheering me on as I worked! I was in the groove, having a very productive day that day and so never got it on camera, thinking I'd have a chance later. Wouldn't you he hasn't clapped again since! But I know he will eventually. He's also started waving and doing a bit of the "so big" gesture (he also does that sometimes when he wants me to pick him up) with his arms raised high. I need to get on the ball and start teaching him other new signs!

Liam also been sleeping much better lately as well, so that means Mommy has as well! Mommy has got him on a much better routine, so now he is generally more likely to just go down to sleep on his own in the crib without a fuss (if I time it right), and he is generally only waking me up once at night. It definitely makes life a lot easier.

Other than that, Liam is cruising up a storm! I also got him to stand independently for about a second or two. He definitely has yet to learn balance, but he's getting strong. Grandma Marianne came down for a visit back on Tuesday, and we enjoyed time with her. Over dinner, we also learned Liam likes potato pancake and spaztle. She got him a few new clothes to wear, and it is wonderful to have pajamas that finally fit him properly again. He is now in 12 months size, with still a little room to grow. I used a gift card from a friend and bought him 3 sets of two mix and match pairs of pajamas at Target. After that, I had to sort through all Liam's clothes and pack up everything that no longer fits to make room for new stuff. I learned rolling up clothes allowed me to fit over twice as many in one container, and was proud that somehow I fit my maternity clothes and all Liam's newborn-6 months clothes in only two bins!! That is a huge deal when you have an old house that wasn't designed with a lot of storage space.

Cruising around!


Thinking about going out on the porch, but discouraged by the texture of the doormat!
Let me have a look at that camera!
Climbing over Mommy
Laughing before trying to bite Mommy! (Top gum still toothless for now!)
The quest for the toe (while in mommy's arms, after his bath)
One of his cute new pairs of pajamas
I'm soooo big, wearing size 12 mos now!
Look how flexible I am!

No comments: