Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

3-Way Weekend

Well, I'm not talking about Skyline this time...we already had that back on Tuesday night as a welcome home! For our three-day Memorial Day weekend, we are dividing it by thirds: one day with my family, one day with Michael's family, one day for us just to relax or get stuff done at home. After being gone on vacation, it is so good to see everyone but it is also good to be under your own roof sometimes.

Adjusting back to work wasn't hard at all. Everything had been taken care of for me while I was gone, so I wasn't overwhelmed. The only signs of possible jet lag I had, were the first couple nights I'd wake up at 1:30am for my regular bathroom run and then not fall back to sleep for awhile. Sometimes just sleeping in a "different" place does that to me at first though. I was a little tired a couple days this week, but it feels like normal pregnancy tiredness so I honestly cannot tell a difference (I am less tired most days in the second tri, but some days it still hits)! At least I got a chance to finally sleep in today. Our stress-level no longer feels as bad, that might have been heightened that night by jet lag or pregnancy hormones. I feel better now.

Coming up on Wednesday, at 4pm, is my third prenatal appointment. Right before those, I always get mild apprehension (is everything still OK?) and more and more excitement too. This concern for my baby's well-being is just a rite of passage into motherhood. It won't stop after he/she is born, in fact my own mom still calls me at 27 years old occasionally to check and make sure I'm OK!

My biggest change this week is I definitely cannot comfortably button most pants any more! I used a hair-tie to wrap around the button and through the hole to keep my jeans up, but to be more comfortable on casual Friday. I will look into getting a Bella Band (or using a tube top as a replacement since they'll be easy to find this time of year). My uterus level now appears to be somewhere around 2 inches from my belly button!

No comments: