Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pregnant Women Are Tasty

Now that I am pregnant, I have become a magnet for something that starts with the letter "m." I'm not talking about Men, though I did get a trucker honk at me today (not because I cut him off in traffic) and did get some worker at the grocery store who seemed extra friendly. Of course, they don't know I'm pregnant yet! I am also not talking about Moms, because though when I meet mothers they almost all seem excited and eager to talk as long as I'd like when they know I'm pregnant, that just wouldn't fit my title for this post. I'm talking Mosquitoes. This is not a myth, you can Google it and find out for yourself. There is one example here (made me glad I'm not living in or traveling to an area with a malaria problem!): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/772932.stm

For those unaware, Michael and I are taking a trip to Hawaii and are leaving this Saturday! While exciting, there is a lot of work to do beforehand. Tonight at potluck for some Girls on the Run coaches, celebrating one of our friends and high school volunteers about to go to Purdue, I noticed a mosquito flying around.....the first one of the year. One person swatted it, and suddenly it made a b-line for me! I was actually able to catch it mid-air, but didn't smash it in my grasp, so it was actually trying to bite my finger before I stopped it dead! I called Michael on the way home, "Don't let me forget the bug spray!" I honestly don't know if they have a lot of mosquitoes in Hawaii, but with a 10 day forecast where every day the high is predicted to be 85 degrees and the low 73, plus water around, sounds like an excellent chance to me.

I will post plenty of pictures. I don't know if I'll post much before that, we'll see. The best news is, this week I'm definitely getting more of my energy back. I'm waking up before my alarm, and not still tired even after 8 hours of sleep. This is good, as I need it to get through the to-do list!

No comments: