Well, at 17 weeks I'm still traveling around incognito as my former non-pregger self! While Michael and I surely notice a change, most people tell me I don't look pregnant at all. I'm not in a hurry though, and I'm still right on schedule. A lot of growth is still occurring, I felt more and more stretching over the past couple days. Sometimes my lower abdomen will ache for short periods of time these days.
The weekend was nice, and both grandmas-to-be (without knowing about each other) said their first hellos to my belly region, I mean the baby! ;-) I don't really mind at all, at least so far. I think as long as it's not extreme, I'm laid back enough it probably won't really bug me. Family and friends also get a special pass; I don't know how I'll feel about strangers wanting to touch my belly yet (I already figured out I'm not too keen on unsolicited advice, but at least that is very rare so far). I also enjoyed some time at home to see some old friends who were in town, and to do my annual thorough car interior cleaning before my growing belly makes it too awkward to do it later!
Last night I had a weird sensation where I felt like something was bumping around down there. It might have been gas, but it was in the right place to be baby. Hard to tell though, when you're mostly asleep. Soon sensations like that will be the norm.
After having restless legs for awhile and realizing how much I miss running after reading Runner's World while on the plane, I got myself out for a brisk 2.5 mile walk during my lunch hour. I love walking in the woods, and everything smelled so nice. I definitely need to get back into the routine!
The biggest question for the first trimester was: have you felt sick? One of the biggest for this trimester has been, "Do you have a sense yet if it's a boy or a girl (or are you finding out)?" I honestly don't have a sense of boy or girl at this point (and I think most of you know we're not finding out). The only thing I am getting a sense about so far is this is going to be a late October baby, not November. My November 3 due date is cool, being Michael's grandma's birthday and the birthday of one of my good friends. I still just have this feeling. It is true, I'm technically biased in favor of October since it's my second favorite month (behind September). But in all seriousness, I just have this sense about it that is beyond even that. We'll see if it changes, or if it is right!
Other than that, I still haven't had any strong food cravings or aversions. This kid is laid back and not very demanding, at least in those regards so far. The latest foods I particularly enjoy include chips and salsa (love making my own), cheese (trying not to eat too much of that!), and today I bought some hummus at Trader Joes that is so good! The only things that haven't sounded that good to me lately included graduation party cake and hot dogs.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Halloween baby!
Post a Comment