Other reports, my blood pressure is still looking good as is my weight (up at least 25 pounds, which is normal for me and in the range I gained with Liam). The ultrasound predicted the baby is approximately 7.5-8 pounds, but they warned me it can be off by a pound either way at this point. The baby was definitely much bigger and had big chubby checks now! I'm also really glad my sister got to come along and at least take a peek at her new niece or nephew. She was a huge help in watching Liam, and got to see how he was really excited seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen. We aren't sure anymore if this baby will come before she has to catch a flight on the evening of January 5th, so I figured at the very least this is better than nothing. She had a wonderful time with Liam, who clearly didn't forget her at all or act the least bit shy even though he hasn't seen her since July!
They also checked my cervix, and I'm still not even quite 3cm but at least it is getting a little softer. The doctor did some little technique to try and stimulate the cervix (not stripping the membranes though), with the hopes it might "ripen" more or at least get the hormones going that could help get the party started. I really hope to avoid being induced. I believe it is much better for my body to go into labor on its own, and I believe sooner or later it will. I know I won't stay pregnant forever! Right now I'm just enjoying the final days of pregnancy, still trying to get little things done (like make a big grocery store run yesterday), and am just enjoying time with my little boy. I think it would have been much harder to be patient with the first baby, but this time I have had no problem. I actually will drag my feet as long as possible if they want to induce, unless there is a real concern. Some babies just need a little more time, and that is fine by me! The most challenging thing at this point is just I have had a harder time sleeping recently, but I get around that with naps. I also have a harder time bending over to pick up toys and carrying Liam, but this hasn't been a huge issue either. I'm thankful I'm tall!
My next doctor's appointment is on Thursday. I suspect they will talk about induction then, and possibly set a date for baby's eviction notice, but I am not sure as this was never brought up today. Still curious how labor is going to play out this time.
Here are a few more pictures of the new baby. The photos are much less clear now since the baby is so big!
Face is somewhat visible here, at least the eyes are!







No comments:
Post a Comment