Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ready for the New Challenge

Thursday, Michael went back to work after staying with us for two weeks. We'll miss him, but we are all ready to get back to a new normal. My Mom came down Wednesday night to help me transition, and also help give Liam someone else to play with for awhile. We really appreciated her help, I know she had a lot of fun! I have been so blessed with so many helpful friends, family members, and neighbors who have done a myriad of thoughtful and generous things from making meals, getting her cute girl clothes, holding or playing with these babes, giving Mommy encouragement, etc. I hope I can get thank you cards out and I won't forget to thank anyone.

Tomorrow I will have my first day as a stay-at-home mom of two kids. There is a part of me that feels a little nervous, almost like the first day on a new job... or maybe just the first day in a new position after receiving a promotion is a better way to describe it. I know I will do fine, but it won't always be easy. Today brought two big confidence boosts. First I was able to haul both kids to church on my own (bundling and loading up into the car and then getting everyone into the building). Second, I was able to get both kids to nap with me in Liam's room. When you know you can possibly leave the house or nap is always good :-)

Here are a few new pictures of Madeline. I would definitely post more if I had time, but I need to get to bed soon.
The look she often gives when her big brother is making a lot of noise
Grandpa bringing her in for her first bath at home!


Loved her fuzzy new do after her bath!
Meeting Great Grandma Marce
And Great Aunt Marsha


1 comment:

Mama York said...

Thanks for posting these Lisa! I was so disappointed that my camera stayed in the other car! Such cute shots of Madeline and Liam! Gorgeous babes!