As of now, I am still feeling great. Last week, I walked around 5 miles over 4 days (to think, I used to run 5 miles at once and not think much of it). It feels so good to get out, and helps give my eyes a break from being so busy and working on the computer so much during our busy season. I had my first dream about birth, that was really weird over the weekend. I dreamed that I ended up having 4 babies! I was in no pain at all, and very unrealistically I had two at once then realized more were in there and gradually had the others later. All this took place at what was supposed to be my Aunt Teri's bathroom, which was very spacious and nothing like her real house at all. I had two girls, and two boys.Recently I have also been getting some mothering instincts kicking in, my doctor told me would hit later in pregnancy. I have never been a worrier by nature, but sometimes the hormones and the new instincts trigger concerns. I think all pregnant women get this. Most get worries about something happening to their husbands or something being wrong with their babies. Mine have been much more random. For example, last weekend when we went to Columbus, I was concerned about our kitties getting stuck in the house if there was a fire with no one to help them escape. Then last week, I got this random meeting request from my manager (for today at 3pm), but she didn't say what the meeting was for. The first thing that popped into my head was, "What if I am going to get fired or they are laying me off?!" What would we do if my insurance was just cut off? I even tried to ask my manager what the meeting was for and to point out it was first set to 3am. But she just joked "let's hope things don't get so bad we'll be here that late." Granted, I have absolutely no reason to worry or suspect anything like that. I am responsible for 9 guides all going to print in August, and this is our company's most busy time. They would be crazy to lay anyone off now; all the other designers are already overwhelmed.
I think with the cats, it is just the mothering instinct is to protect the helpless. With the job, it is just the wanting security and to be able to provide for my child. Thankfully, I find ways to not dwell on the worries. In both cases, I let it go within 15 minutes.
That meeting, by the way, got canceled for now. It is most likely about working out maternity leave details, or something to do with getting my guides to the printer. I do not have any feeling of doom and gloom. I also respect my manager, do my best at work, and know she would never do anything like that extreme to any of us without any kind of warning first!



No comments:
Post a Comment