Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Almost Time to Break out the Tape Measure!

I have become aware of much more fetal movement recently. S/he is having a great time in there doing little water aerobics at all hours of the day, including at 4:30am when I get up for my regular bathroom run. The Little One moves the most after I eat, when something is pressing on my belly for awhile, and also more at night. I learned sometimes babies in the womb tend to relax and sleep more when the mother is active or exercising, then are more active when she's not. No wonder mine is generally so laid back most of the day, I am constantly walking around the office for one thing or another (if for no other reason to just stretch my legs when I get that "restless" feeling from being behind a monitor too long). I still am trying to keep up regular walks during my lunch hour too. The cicadas disappeared completely last weekend, and we are enjoying cooler temperatures for now!

I noticed my weight is only going up now, not really fluctuating back down anymore! I also noticed my belly is feeling tighter and tighter to the point my belly button is only a dimple now! One of the ladies at work said, "Looking good!" signifying to me it is becoming more and more obvious at last. I measured my waist at 35 inches by using a cord and a yard stick. Soon, I will need to get out the tape measure to keep up. I almost wonder how my belly will keep stretching...no more loose skin easy to pinch!

No comments: