Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Practical Vs. Value Mindsets
This is a quick update, before we go out of town for the rest of the weekend. This morning, I ended up buying the Pottery Barn Kids Velour Jungle Animals crib set!! I actually found two ways of getting the set off E-bay that would have worked. One was about $10 cheaper and had more stuff, the other only had stuff I'd really want and use. One appealed to my value-minded side (stretch my money far as possible), the other appealed more to the practical side of me (stick with what I need and avoid extra stuff or extra trouble). In the end, the practical side won out after the seller and I retch a deal, and agreed to meet up at the GAP Outlet. I made my decision after asking myself what I would miss most about the other set if I bought a particular one. I realized I would miss the stuff in the "practical" stuff most and still have to buy it, while most of the stuff in the "value" set would force me to have to buy other things (like a pillow to fit in the pillow sham for example). The set I bought is in really good shape, and was a great deal considering all I got and other prices I saw this much stuff go for (it originally cost around $400-$500). Things like the bumper maybe be very slightly faded (I am really not sure) but everything is still super cute and most parts look completely brand new. I got the quilt, crib bumper, flannel sheet, crib skirt, two window valances, a cute giraffe lamp, and a really nice waterproof mattress for only $163! Now all we'll need to complete the baby's room will be a dresser, shelves or possibly a wardrobe (looking for white ones to match the crib), and a rug. I also now can go and select paint colors too! I already have a vision for the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yay!
Post a Comment