Over the last two days, I rounded out my wardrobe with maternity clothes so I'll have plenty to wear to work, along with some comfortable stuff for the weekends. I spent $170, which seems like a lot, but I saved up some of my Christmas gift money for this moment after I found out I was pregnant. Mixed with current shirts that are long or baggy enough to remain in service, I now have plenty to last me until the weather gets cold! I bought six new shirts (I now have shirts of all colors of the rainbow plus brown, white, and black), three maternity skirts (white, light peach, and this new comfy brown cotton one), two pairs of shorts (one white, one khaki), two pairs of dress pants (khaki and black...the black ones are super comfy and came with a shirt that is included in my total because I can mix and match it), and one light weight ivory colored cardigan top from Mimi Maternity (it was normally $70, marked down to $15, is very nice quality and could be worn regularly as it doesn't look like it's maternity wear at all!). Only the white skirt wasn't on sale, but I was so sad to see my usual one go I really wanted a replacement and didn't think $25 was a bad price. I also have my jeans and a brown dress I got for $12 total, and my black and khaki maternity capris I can wear to work as well. Cannot wait to wear all my new clothes (that are more comfortable than normal clothes and show off my little baby bump)!
There is one more skirt I really want to buy I can wear into the fall. I'm going to call to see if it is at the Motherhood store near my office (I already have so much in those colors I could wear it with, and I don't have any printed maternity skirts yet): http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?ViewSource=&Product_Id=39431530&category_Name=Knee+Length&Category_Id=1530&MasterCategory_Id=23
I definitely am going to hold on to all these clothes too. We hope to have more little ones, and during 9 months in our area I am bound to encounter at least some warm weather.
Today, we also brought home the new crib! We are going to leave it apart until we paint the room, but once I do I will post a picture. I could post a picture now, but it is is just in parts! I also am going to keep in touch with the Hungarian family who sold us the crib too, they were very nice people. I'm so happy, and think it's cool the crib has a cool story behind it. We also make all kinds of friends randomly, it's so neat. I love to keep in touch with people all over the country and the world!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment