Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Butterfingers

After being achy and sore on Monday, I woke up feeling good on Tuesday. I even walked a mile during my lunch break without pain. If I don't walk regularly, I get this restless feeling and hate sitting for long periods of time while at work. It was nice to have a busy, yet pretty uneventful week after all the early "excitement."

I am still looking at crib bedding sets and found one I really like (that got Michael approval), I had not seen in my initial searches. It called "Jungle Animals" by Pottery Barn Kids and has been discontinued. That actually is probably to my advantage though, as I'm way too frugal to want to pay full-price for PBK stuff....and I also know it would be too much for many people we know to afford to buy for us. I just love all the different colors (especially red accents), and think it's adorable. The main place I have found it has been on Ebay. Sometimes I see parts brand new, but often it has been gently used. Some people probably "have" to have all new stuff, but when it comes to baby stuff I definitely don't mind hand-me-downs or finding people selling the stuff I like for a good deal. Babies don't use the stuff long anyway, and most people keep their baby stuff in pristine condition. Here is what it looks like!

I actually found one promising lead. While scanning the different sets or parts on Ebay, I happened to notice one lady was located in the same area as the GAP Outlet. She was selling all the parts separately, but she seemed to have the full set (everything looked to be in excellent shape too, some of her pieces were barely or never used). So, I decided to be bold and I contacted her through Ebay. I asked what she would offer for the whole set. I also asked if she would consider having us just come pick it up (I hate paying for shipping when I don't have to) and pay her in cash. I would bring Michael with me of course, and also offered to meet up at a public place too (of course I'm wary about meeting up with strangers, and she might not want strangers coming to her home either). She responded very quickly and said it would be wonderful if we could come pick it up, and confirmed all the parts she had (which I think is about everything....down to these liners for baskets I don't really need)! She is going to get back with me on a price for everything! If she offers a reasonable deal for everything, or we can negotiate something that sounds good to us with just the pieces we really need, it could be awesome. We'll just see. It is like a treasure hunt! It would be nice to pick out bedding soon to help me pick the right paint color for the walls.

One thing I forgot to mention recently, that I think most pregnant women experience, is a case of "butterfingers" that only seems to be getting worse! I find myself dropping a lot of little things if I am not careful. Thankfully I still have quick enough reflexes still to catch some things while in mid air! I read that happens because all your joints loosen a little more, but I don't know. I definitely have experienced it.

Finally got back to Trader Joes today to get some of their yummy garlic hummus, I enjoy eating with their whole wheat pita bread. Protein, iron, healthy fat, and fiber...wonderful things for me and baby. I got to be the pregnant woman buying alcohol, as I got a little more of the Charles Shaw wine (Two-Buck Chuck) for Michael. I didn't notice any weird looks, but if I got any I would just think it was funny. ;-)

2 comments:

Kelly York said...

Love the bedding Lisa. I looked at that set for Evan when it was new at pottery barn kids and really wanted it, however it was way to expensive. Hope you can get it for a good price.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Carter's bedding is PBK... it is great quality and he/she will be able to use it well into toddle-hood. Carter has the vintage planes bedding and I plan on keeping it as a theme (with pictures of vintage planes and vintage travel ad. featuring a plan) until he tells me otherwise!

Christina