Yesterday evening, Liam simply was not interested in falling asleep. He was a little fussy and obviously tired, but just seemed more interested in playing or looking around. Try as I may, nothing worked. Not even nursing, or other such things that usually work no matter what. A little after 11pm we started getting ready for bed, setting up his
Rainforest soother (it plays music, has lights, bubbles, a waterfall, monkey swinging around, and a frog that jumps out behind some leaves) temporarily in his bassinet. This at least kept him occupied while we got ready. It was fun hearing him cooing as he watched it. I then nursed him again, laid him back in the bed and he was still more interested in smiling at me and kicking around! But he wasn't fussing, so we just let him be. After we turned off the lights, he just went to sleep with no further assistance. That was nice.
Nicer yet, he then went 7 hours before he needed to wake me up to feed again! I thought I heard him talking in his sleep around 5am, but neither of us fully woke up. Then I woke up to check on him around 6:30. Peaking over, I saw he had again turned himself perpendicular to our bed but was sleeping with his knees bent and legs up in the air. It was amusing! I went right back to sleep after that.
I made a big blunder this morning: I finally found the sheet of paper I wrote down the time for Liam's appointment today, only to discover I had missed it by 45 minutes!! The appointment was really at 9:30, I have no idea where in the world 4pm came from. Oops! As soon as I realized this, I called the clinic and they allowed me to reschedule to 10am tomorrow.
This evening I got some fun pictures and
footage of Liam having fun in the tub!

2 comments:
Liam is so beautiful! Those gorgeous eyes and that captivating smile really grab you by the heart! Thanks for sharing him, Mom and Dad!
What a sweetie!
Post a Comment