Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Proud Mama Moments

I cannot believe Liam is already 12 weeks old! Recently I had a couple "proud mama" moments. The first one occurred on Friday night. I had just given Liam a bath, then he wanted to feed for almost an hour on both sides. Afterward, he looked really sleepy so I set him down in his bassinet with the Rainforest soother. I let it play through one cycle, as we cleaned up the kitchen. We never heard a peep from him, and when we went back upstairs about 15 minutes later we had a sleeper! He has never gone to sleep without someone being in the room before like that, it was so nice. I don't expect him to do that all the time yet, but it was nice to see he can. He's still been sleeping really well, I'm hoping to keep this groove going.

The other two occurred yesterday. During the bath, I was showing him this round blue hippo toy and playing with him. When I made it "walk" along the edge of the tub, he would raise his feet up and slowly move them toward it. I kept playing like he kicked it off, and the game went on like that for several minutes! It is interesting to see him slowly building his motor skills.

After the bath he was fussing a bit, which seemed unusual. He fussed even more when I tried to feed him. I started trying to solve the problem. I was getting ready to change his diaper, when I noticed the velcro was put on hastily and was rubbing his belly skin. I'm sure it rubbed more when I was feeding him, poor baby! I fixed it, then he ate like normal and was happy. It is so nice to figure out what is bothering them sometimes!

I'm still swaying back and forth when it comes to work. Should I stay at home with him exclusively, work at home (if I can find freelance work), or go back to work? I keep changing my mind, and just keep praying. The only thing that does hit me, is had I not been laid off and things gone according to plan, maternity leave would now be over and I'd be going back to work tomorrow morning. I'm actually glad now I don't have to!

Here are a few pictures from this weekend!

He's almost growing out of his "reindeer suit"
Naked tummy time!
I work so hard, I drool!
He likes to sit up more now, just cannot do it on his own yet!

No comments: