Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fun and Games!

Things have been pretty busy around here. Liam's grandparents on his Dad's side came to visit on Monday and we had a great time with them. I had a little freelance work to do, but loved having someone there to give Liam all the attention he deserves. They also took us out to lunch to the Italian restaurant where Michael and I went for our first date. It was very good, and our waitress told Liam he was the cutest baby she had ever seen. I also finished my test project, and am now watching my phone and wondering if I'll be faced with the tough decision or not.

Here are some photos of more of the fun going on around here:

Liam at church during the fellowship hour
I introduced Liam to his one of his "new" toys. He got it for Christmas, but I hadn't given it to Liam yet. He doesn't quite get it yet, but liked watching me play.
But Mom also had another fun idea for this toy....
Someone was supposed to be napping....

I have planned to wait until Liam is 6 months old (May 1) to start solids (because of WHO and other reputable sources that recommend doing that and because breastfeeding has gone so well for us). However, he has been showing a lot of interest in food lately. Whenever we eat around him, he stares us and the food down and sometimes grabs for the plate. One time when he was watching me he also starting moving his mouth like he was mimicking me chewing. He's beginning to sit up pretty well in his high chair, but still slumps forward a little. I did start giving him a spoon to play with. He was surprising me by putting it into his mouth quite well (good sign he might take solids on that spoon soon). I had to take some pictures!
He was licking the spoon

1 comment:

Mama York said...

What a beautiful, charming little face! Liam we can't resist you! Love, Grandma