I tried to put Liam in one of his first real boy outfits he received in the hospital, and it doesn't really fit him now! I couldn't button the top button, and his fatter round belly is now hanging out the bottom like a gut. He was also practically kicking the pants off. I cannot believe it! People aren't kidding the clothes don't last long.
Had my 6 week appointment today (really it's just a normal Pap), and I'm basically back to normal (well, at least enough for their intents and purposes). My doctor was still raving about how memorable Liam's birth was for her and how I was a poster child for natural birth, especially in pushing (really the only part she saw) since I pushed in the ideal way to avoid tearing. I honestly don't make a big deal about it at all, I just followed my instincts on that one. And truth be told, I'm glad I found those instincts because I never did get a chance to read all about what I should do. Perhaps it was better that way. I pointed out I wasn't a true poster child for natural childbirth when I started asking for drugs. ;-) But she said, that is normal in transition. I am happy for how Liam's birth turned out, but I don't wear it like a special badge or something. I honestly have full respect for mothers in general, regardless how they brought a child into the world. Because after all, when it comes to both labor and children, a mom has the power to nurture and create positive influences, but she cannot fully control how either turn out.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment