Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Liam Meets BOB

Six-thirty this morning, I heard the rain pouring outside. It created such a peaceful, tranquil mood in the nursery where I was feeding Liam in the dark, relying only on the light coming in from our outside lights. I imagined the day was going to be bleak and dreary, so I was shocked to behold that it was 62 degrees. 62 degrees!!! It was only supposed to be mid-50s. After bitter cold weather, this was literally a breath of fresh air. This was the moment this mama was waiting for. Time to break out the stroller and introduce Liam to the outside world!

There is something exciting about introducing someone you love very much to thing you love. I was so excited, I forgot to bring my cell phone and the diaper bag, but I wasn't going far and the bathroom would have been unheated and lacking a changing table anyway. Yesterday there was snow still on the ground, but the rain melted it completely away and it looked like spring. The sun was peaking out between the clouds, and the only problem was a brisk wind. But, it was warm enough I had to take him out at least for awhile.

The boring old neighborhood and street we live on just wouldn't do, I wanted to take Liam somewhere nice for his first stroll. So we went to a park in the nicer part of our neighborhood that has original gas lights. Liam was awake when we arrived, and didn't protest when I removed him from the carseat and strapped him in the stroller. In fact, he seemed quite curious! As we walked along, I checked a few times and sure enough, he was still wide awake and looking all around. He did fall asleep after awhile, as the rhythm rocked him, but he definitely seemed to have fun and enjoy it (except once at the very end walking back to the car when a gust of wind blew so hard at us, it blew back the top cover on the BOB).

It was a perfect time to capture his 7 week pictures!

Before we left
After we get back (aaawwww, someone looks happy!)
I haven't figured out how to set my timer on my new camera yet, or I would have taken one with me in the picture. I was wearing a red shirt with black and black pants so we matched!
Time for another nap...
Yesterday Liam also took his first trip to see some local train displays with his cousins who came down to visit. He even got to ride in their van, and got his real first trip in a stroller by riding in the one that went with his car seat they used to own. He might have been dreaming of trains, but he definitely didn't notice the displays. ;-)

I also forgot to mention earlier this week we discovered that Liam will take a bottle from his Dad with no problems. He thankfully seems to be one of those babies who doesn't really care, as long as he gets food when he is hungry. Michael had some guidelines to follow for how to introduce the bottle to a breastfed baby and I think they helped. He ate a little over 4oz, and Daddy enjoyed the bonding experience. In the other room, I really missed the bonding part and it was weird knowing he was eating without me! We aren't going to use the bottle often, maybe once a week to keep up his skills. The only purpose now is to just have that be an option if I had to go out on an interview, or we just wanted to go out on a date sometime. For the most part, he still will be exclusively breastfed for now.

No comments: