Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Dream About Our Baby

Last night, I had a very bizarre dream that was quite funny. It is the first dream I can remember in awhile, and the first dream I had about our baby. I dreamed that somehow we brought our baby home (or had the baby at home) and we still had yet to check the sex. The baby was in some kind of pack n play or a weird bassinet, ironically in front of the door of the baby's room on the second floor of our house! I was standing in the bathroom of our house, and could see the baby wrapped up but wasn't too close. I decided Michael would check, and would let me know by bringing me either a pink or blue pair of fuzzy, little baby socks. I actually received some like these, that have matching fuzzy socks for me. I looked away while Michael went to check, then he got the socks. He came and handed me the blue ones.

I'll be curious to see if I dream the baby is always the same gender, different genders in different dreams, or if it will ultimately be right.

Right now, I'm honestly feeling a little overwhelmed and frustrated. I feel like I'm running out of time, as the last of our projects we hope to have done before the baby arrives (with time left for us to just relax) keep getting delayed. We haven't had a choice in this, so I'm forcing myself to just go with the flow. This weekend we had big plans to finish painting our garage door, clean and mop the baby's room, hopefully finish our filing (that was building up for 3 years almost), and I was going to get rid of some junk in the basement. I also have to supply addresses for two of my showers. We have been making good progress, and are so close reaching the end of this long tunnel. However, over the last week or two without fail, we have had a million obstacles come up! Everything from late nights at work, rashes, an oil spill in the basement, and various other weekend set backs. Now we just found out Michael's great-aunt passed away and her viewing (two hours north of here) is 2pm on Saturday. It is very sad, it was pretty sudden. Of course it is not her fault, and we plan to go. However, we know it is going to kill most of Saturday. Sunday is already busy, so now only Monday is left of my three-day weekend.

It has just been hard for me to have a goal to get done by the end of August and realizing it just won't happen. All I want I just want to get it done and for once in my life relax a little before baby arrives! I just took a deep breath and reminded myself, somehow it will work out.

Thankfully all the publications I work on will be at the printer tomorrow, so the long days at work should end. Tonight, Michael finally got the painting supplies put away so the room will be ready to sweep and mop. We already felt better taking out some of the frustration on the messes and things that needed to be done. Progress was still made, and we went on a cleaning spree tonight to make up for time we'll lose on Saturday. We will still figure out a way to relax and have a few quiet nights/dates together still before baby arrives. I cannot believe it, but my due date is 9.5 weeks away. We're in the single digits now!

No comments: