A couple nights ago I had a new first: for the first time, the baby's kicking woke me up! I actually had a dream I was having contractions, but no it wasn't contractions at all....just hard kicking against my muscle. He or she is getting a lot stronger, and often is noticeably more active now. As for me, I'm feeling less and less active now. As my energy level is going down though, my appetite is going up. I still haven't had any extreme cravings yet, I just generally try to eat well-balanced and healthy food when I can. I actually want that more than junk/snack food anyway.
The weekend plans did take care of themselves (even though it was nothing like what we had in mind)! Yesterday we went up for the viewing for Michael's great aunt and it was fun to see everyone. We found out a couple other people in the family were pregnant too, one due in 3 weeks and one due in March (it is neat, because they have one child 4 months older our than nephew and to our child will be four months older than their third....and we see them a lot at gatherings). We'll be seeing his side of the family again in only a couple weeks when I have my first baby shower. We had planned to have guests come visit today, one of Michael's best friends and his wife (who are currently pregnant too due February 3) and son. Unfortunately, she was fighting a fever so they couldn't come. I appreciate they didn't expose me to anything. Tonight, we're going to go to a big firework show with some of our friends. We're going to meet up with my parents as well, and I'm really curious to see if the baby will really react to the fireworks this time!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment