This time, Michael had the dream. I didn't get all the details, but basically he said he had the same dream I did but with the opposite outcome (so the baby was a girl in his dream!). I thought it was funny. He figures he probably had the dream because I told him about mine. The dreams aren't real guesses.
On the topic of guesses, a lot of my Chinese friends are convinced by the way I'm carrying this baby is a boy. A lady at work told me today she thinks I'm having a girl, and would bet a lot of money on it. The reason: the way I'm carrying! I don't think it really indicates anything about gender (I know too many who broke that), but I do think it is fun to guess! These predictions aren't annoying me like they do some women. I guess if I was going to get annoyed by predictions, we made the wrong choice in not finding out when we had the chance. ;-) A lot of people at least now are telling me how beautiful and good I look. That is nice. Pregnancy is a weird time for women for one reason or another, so positive affirmation is always welcome!
Tonight I'm laying low and decided to not join Michael and our Chinese friends so I can get things that need to be accomplished out of the way, so I won't be as stressed tomorrow. I've already got half my to-do-list done and am taking a break to eat dinner. I'm also happy today because all my publications are done!!! My mission for the year at work has been accomplished. The election also got interesting to me, now it will be historic no matter how you chose to vote (this is the first election I can ever remember being interested in too). I've never declared myself to be in either party, and generally get annoyed or bored by politics. But this election is like no other our country has seen with the black/African American (technically mixed race) candidate on one side, and now a woman running as VP on the other side who is extremely interesting (Michael told me all kinds of cool stuff about her). Everyone at work was talking about it, and a lot of people are very interested to see what happens. It would be cool to have a child born on a historic election day too. I'm open to any day though. If baby comes on the due date, he/she will share a birthday with Michael's grandma and one of my good friends named Chris.
By the way, this baby is kicking a lot harder now! I mostly feel kicks to one side or the other. I also have recently felt sometimes this kid is head butting my bladder, as I have had to pee a lot more (especially after standing up after sitting down awhile).
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment