Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Painting Party!

There has been so much going on the last five days, I have not even had a chance to get on here with all the exciting updates and pictures! Tuesday I took pictures of the guest bedroom as it was before we started clearing it out. Wednesday ended up just being a really bad day for me. Some issues came up at work that were upsetting to me, on top of the stress of our normal crunch time (when all of the publications I work on are getting ready to go to the printer). We worked on the room still some that night. Thursday, I bought paint after work and got all the supplies ready. Somehow, we managed to get all the furniture out of the room so it was ready to go when both sets of grandparents-to-be arrived to paint Baby's room on Friday! My Mom's birthday was Thursday, Michael's Dad's was Friday and it is special they actually didn't mind spending part of their birthdays helping with this project. Their painting party occurred while I was at work, but they still got plenty of pictures. I will post the full before and after pictures of the room after it is complete. For now, the walls are painted and the crib has been built!

my parents

Michael's parents


After the painting was complete, the room really looked great. I love the new, brighter, happier shade of green! Michael also finally had a place to build the crib. Here is what it looks like at last!

And I also got pictures next to both grandmas-to-be! First with my Mom:


Michael's Mom's outfit coordinated perfectly with the room!

After the painting party was complete, we introduced our parents to Vietnamese Pho (beef noodle soup) and celebrated the birthdays with a raspberry mousse torte. We said farewell to my parents, but followed Michael's parents home and stayed with them for the weekend. It was our nephew Evan's fourth birthday party on Saturday (he shares Michael's Dad's birthday). We had a very enjoyable weekend with everyone! Michael's Mom took me shopping briefly and got me a cute black dress and a little knit brown shirt. Here are some pictures taken of me in the new dress before church this morning showing off my little baby bump at the end of 6 months (only 3 more to go!). We also got a rare chance to get some pictures as a couple too!


Michael's brother and Sister-in-law (Matt and Kelly) also gave us a whole bunch of stuff for the baby including an infant car seat (have to see if it is compatible with the stroller I want...if not it will be a spare for our second car), baby bathtub, various clothes, a bumpo seat, changing pad, and a few other things I'm either blanking on right now or things we accidentally left behind. They also offered various other things if we happen to need them later! That is awesome!

Michael's Dad painted a wall shelf for us that has a bar I could hang a baby blanket or quilt from. The thing used to be stained this ugly brown color. I tried to sell it in a yard sale last year. But I am now glad it didn't sell and I didn't get rid of it because with the baby on the way, I suddenly saw new potential. Painted white, it will be a very cute edition to the room. He took care of painted all the coats it needed. It looks great now!

2 comments:

snugglesincincy said...

Lisa this is all so wonderful! I love the pics! You are truly blessed.

The Herticas said...

Lisa, You are looking so great! :)
Angela