For the most part, I have been spared a lot of really bad or embarrassing pregnancy moments so far *knocking on the wooden tray my laptop is sitting on.* Occasionally I do walk out of the office and start walking left before I realize my car was parked to the right. I also have a terrible time remembering any of the new Chinese student's names (I'll hear it and forget literally within 30 seconds). I also was forgetting a few little things at work. The worst of the worst so far was discovered today.
So back on Friday I uploaded the files for three of the print guides I am responsible for on the printer's FTP site. I was so happy to get three of the nine finally done and out the door. Then I got an email from the product manager this afternoon letting me know the printer was missing a few pages. Huh? Confused, I checked all the PDFs I made. Sure enough, I realized I totally forgot to make a PDF of the resources section at the end of each book! I was so embarrassed and couldn't believe I didn't notice that. I was able to mend this in five minutes at least. I didn't make a big deal about it, just took care of it. I have to be careful to watch out for that with my remaining six. I cannot believe how much my accuracy has gone down, I don't let it be an excuse but this is not my normal self!
Other than that, today marks the last week in the 20's for me week-wise. We enter the 30's next week, and I hope not to enter the 40's beyond that (meaning I'm going past my due date!). Also, Michael's rashes have been showing up less and less lately. We did a few tests (applied some shower gel, shave cream, etc. to his skin with a cotton ball), but still no known cause. It seems to be getting better, so that is all that matters.
I recently compiled a few goals I'll share. They go from doable to uncertain territory.
1. Clean the baby nursery by the end of August (I want to remove the left over painting stuff still sitting there because we've been either gone or busy, and mop the floor). I'll decorate some too and am debating whether we should start buying some of the furniture or not.
2. Sometime in September and October, I'd love to plan ahead and stock up on various non-perishable things we need at the grocery store. I'd also love to make a few meals (particularly things I excel at making or enjoy Michael doesn't make), and store in our downstairs freezer. I am blessed to have a husband who also loves to cook, but think it would be nice to plan efficiently to take some of that burden off him as well. I also know some people will give us meals, but I know I'll want some of my own favorite recipes. I also want to make a big batch of homemade noodles that can also be used for quick, easy meals.
3. I want to design my own baby announcements if possible. This will take some strategy, as I need to come up with a design and do as much as I can in advance. I only want to worry about updating the baby's information and adding a little gender-specific touches, for that newborn phase that is sure to remind me a little those finals weeks with all the all-nighters!
4. Ugh! I just forgot number four! Wait, it just came back. If possible once I am adjusted to being a new mom, I might seek some freelance work while I am working only three days a week. I'd love to expand my portfolio a little, but have never been able to do that while working full-time. I would freelance from home if I end up doing it at all. I am planning to buy a new Mac and get all the latest software sometime soon. Been saving up money all year, just so I can have flexibility to work from home (also, my laptop is 5.5 years old, can no longer be fully updated, and the hinges on the screen broke so it is now propped up with books!).
5. If possible, I'd love to do either a 10k or half-marathon next year. I do not want to do it fast, I don't even mind if I walk part. I just miss running so much. I could either do one in Cincinnati in May, or if that isn't enough time there is also one in Columbus in October (having a goal helps me get back to a schedule better). I really want to be one of those running moms. I love running, it is my favorite way to unwind and reflect. It is also a great way to get back in shape, stay healthy, and to keep any post-partum depression away. I'm sure I can let Michael or some of my female friends in the neighborhood watch the baby long enough I can still get out a little. I'm registering for a BOB Revolution stroller as well, so when the Little One is big enough he or she can go on little runs with me.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment