Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Indeed!

A blaring car alarm woke me up this morning, and only then did I realize I had slept almost 10 hours (and I was still tired). I had no intention to sleep that long, but figured I probably needed it. Michael and I accomplished a lot today. We both attacked the messes around the house and piles of papers that we are throwing away or filing slowly. We put stuff away and swept all the floors. Beyond that, we did a lot of other things. Michael repaired the cat tree our buds enjoy, while I found the Pledge wood floor cleaner I bought and read the directions. The stuff is awesome. All you do is sweep the floor, squirt the cleaner on, work it in with a damp mop, and you are done! All our wood floors look awesome now and better yet I can walk on them barefoot without getting blackened. I am glad to have discovered that.

I also finally got the nursery fully cleaned out and ready for furniture. We're still debating how long to wait to start buying some, but I think we'll wait at least until after the first shower before making a run to Ikea. I also cleaned out two drawers mostly full of stuff from 2006, and our upstairs freezer because I was frustrated with having falling objects constantly threatening my feet. I even did a little laundry, and made chicken parikash for dinner. You can call it nesting if you want, but I call it wonderful. The house looks great now, and both of us are happy with the results. This was like our big "spring cleaning" kind of day, and we are hoping to just maintain it now.

The male form of nesting, at least for the model railroad fanatic, involves power tools and wood. Michael spent the latter part of the day building a frame that his model rail road will rest on top of. This will provide safety for his trains (and the ability he can add some scenery now), a cool toy for our child and Daddy to enjoy, and now there is storage underneath the layout which is helpful.

We still have to finish our filing and have to paint our garage door, but we are really close to reaching our goal. Now all the paper stacks are cleared, we can fully complete the filing soon. We also bought the paint and supplies yesterday for the garage door, it was just too hot to try and go out there today. I'm sure despite oversleeping, after all this hard work both of us will sleep well and be able to go to bed at normal time tonight. For the rest of the evening, I'm forcing myself to stop and relax. I'm going to start reading the book Birthing From Within.

No comments: