Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Taking Precautions

I gave my doula the update from the doctor's appointment, which I will be doing after every visit from this point on. I mentioned how weird it was that my weight didn't really seem to increase and the baby's heart rate was significantly higher than usual (when normally, the heart rate slows down the last trimester....it is not supposed to speed up). She cautioned that there is a good chance I am dehydrated, and the ambionic fluid level might have been a little low, which could explain why my weight stayed steady. If the heart rate stays high, it could be sign of distress. I read dehydration can cause changes in a baby's heart rate in other places too, and a woman on a pregnancy forum I am on was noticing this with her own baby (she has a doppler she uses at home). I am definitely going to talk to my doctor if it is still high on Monday.

I am pretty sure I am dehydrated. I noticed my mouth gets dry at random times of the day, I was also having dry skin. Colds can make you dehydrated, and eating pizza/high salt foods always does too. Starting last night, I started making a point to drink a big glass of water (I think our glasses are 16 ounces) every few hours. I already drank two and half of them today. I am going to keep this up. Dehydration is not a good thing, as it can cause early labor if left unchecked. I am honestly not worried at all, but just want to be as healthy as possible. At least this is easy to treat!

Last night, I had one of those third-tri sleepless periods. From around 3-4 am, I was just wide awake, I have no idea why! I thought about getting up and doing something, but I realized it made sense just to practice some relaxation techniques and rest.

1 comment:

Jsplints said...

hang in there dear. Love you and praying for you! Baby York will be here soon!