I cannot believe there are only 5 weeks until the due date! They called me in a little early since they had a cancellation and I was the last appointment of the day. The little doctor's appointments are really becoming quite routine. Blood pressure 114/66 (pretty average for me), I think my weight was still about the same though which surprised me. I didn't catch what they wrote down officially on the sheet, but I think the scale said the same as what I remembered seeing at the last appointment. If it didn't increase, it had to be from having the cold and not eating as much as usual for most of the week. I sure feel heavier! My measurement did go up still as it should, though I think I'm still measuring a little behind. She still said it was perfect, so there is no reason to worry. Belly measurements don't accurate predict how many weeks a woman is anyway, though generally she should be around as many centimeters as she is along in weeks. Some women freak out if they are measuring ahead, but it doesn't mean they are having a big baby (same as I cannot reason mine is small). The only big change was I thought the doctor said the baby's heart rate was in the 160's, which is really high for this baby! All those who believe the heart rate predicts the gender myth will have to lean toward this being a girl again. ;-) This Little One will keep everyone guessing until the end.
I did a little research on the subject, and found at least some studies suggest when the women experiences stress, it can effect the baby's fetal heart rate. I wonder if the stress from being laid off and having the cold are to blame for the sudden spike? Also some said dehydration can effect it, and I have had some signs of dehydration lately (time to start drinking more water again...I got almost tired of drinking water after I drank so much for awhile trying to fight of the cold). Dehydration could have been part of why I was feeling like food was just sitting in my stomach most of this weekend too.
Unlike they said before, my next appointment is a week from today. I will get to do the Group Strep B test just to see if I will need to have antibiotics given at the beginning of labor. They might also start checking if I am beginning to dilate next week, especially if I start noticing any contractions (which so far, all is quiet).
Some of the new things I have noticed about the baby are when I am standing near the stove, he or she reacts to the heat. A few mornings ago I noticed the baby making these twitching movements, and the funny thing was right after that I noticed Michael was making the same twitching movements in his sleep!
For now, I just need to try and set priorities. I wondered before if this baby was going to come a little early, and now I'm beginning to wonder if this baby is going to be late. There is no way to predict. I'm really not miserable though, or having a bad time with pregnancy, so I'm open to anything right now.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so excited that there are only ~35 days to go!
Post a Comment