Today I celebrated my 28th birthday. The day wasn't always smooth, but it was still very good. I got what I'd consider a perfect balance: family time, me time, and Michael time. I was very thankful that my health dramatically improved and I didn't even need that much medicine at all today. It is amazing what sleep can do.
I started off having to go renew my driver's license at the BMV, which is never fun (I fully intended to get this done before today, but all my efforts failed). We planned to go and meet up with both sides of the family for lunch a Marion's Piazza up in Dayton at noon, but it was clear when I stepped in we were going to be late. The place was packed, but at least we got to take a number and sit down instead of standing in line like normal. A lady sitting next to me must of heard me taking to my Dad, and when she got up to leave she gave me her number that was 5 ahead of mine. I honestly was shocked and before I realized what she had done she was gone before I could say thank you. I felt so bad, but I really was thankful!
It was a lot of fun seeing everyone, and quite a few showed up from both sides. Michael's family had never been to a Marion's and liked it. They even let us bring in a cake (it was a huge chocolate one from a local Italian place that was very good), and light the candles. Our 4 year-old nephew, Evan, blew out the candles for me since I didn't want to breath on the cake and risk anyone getting my cold. Afterward, a good portion of the group went to my parents house to visit a little longer. It was funny hearing various people's predictions on whether Little One is a boy or girl. Some members of the family like my sister and mom are staying mum for now, but others were giving their thoughts. It was about 50/50.
We left and I went on to have a pedicure. Pedicures are simple, really, but are still very nice. I haven't had one since before I got married and it felt great. Later in the evening Michael took me to a little locally owned restaurant we'd been wanting to go to (places like this are almost always our favorites). It was Italian, but not the run-of-the-mill place. They had very few dishes with marinara sauce like most people would picture. Also good value. Moderately expensive, but with your meal a salad, soup, or side is included. All the pasta was homemade. Michael had a ceasar salad and a chicken pesto pasta, and I had a Greek salad and a dish with a piece of tilapia over a bed of fettichini that I think had chopped tomato, mushrooms, green onion, and other things that were steamed so well they just melted in my mouth. I normally dislike mushrooms, but these were well-balanced and had didn't have the normal funky texture. The place is known for fantastic desserts, and we shared a piece of chocolate cream pie that was more like a mousse.
Now we're just unwinding and I'll see if I can get a massage before I go to bed ;-) I cannot believe it is almost October, and there is a chance we could be celebrating a brand new birthday this coming month!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment