Today's baby shower was a fun gathering of friends, and turned out being a pretty multi-cultural event. We played various games at this one, and had a variety of
hor-
d'ourves type snacks. It was very casual and fun. We got a lot of our important little things as gifts, a lot more cute clothes in many colors (I am so excited about that, I cannot even tell you) and I got a lot of bibs and things I didn't receive yet. I also got some Gerber cloth diapers that aren't good diapers but make excellent burp cloths (I've heard that from several moms).
I apologize in advance some of these are a little blurry! I didn't tell my helpers how to focus my camera (my fault) and even some I took were a little blurry. Oops!! We'll also blame the lighting maybe ;-) We still got some good ones, and I might be able to get some clearer ones from someone else there too still!
Overview of the room, we had a great-sized group of girls. This was taken right after a game we played where everyone had to cut the length of string they thought would wrap around my belly. I covered up while they guessed!
Beth, our winner, was within a half inch! The other girl who was close is due 5 days after me and has a very similar sized belly!
Slightly blurry picture, but I included it to show my Chinese friend Yinfen's (due 5 days after me) baby belly. You can see her reclining to the left! We are wondering if our babies will arrive the same day. She is having a little boy.
A view of the gifts. I really appreciate how generous everyone was!
Yinfen is holding a sweet, two-month year old girl named Benay. I didn't realize this was my only picture of her, and I don't have one of her mother and grandmother (who were present) yet anyway! She is an amazing calm and laid back baby, and we hope we might be that lucky!
Opening gifts
The super-cute cake my friend Rachel made! The little clothes were made of frosting.
Baby bump with a bow, and another view of the cake.
With a few sorority sisters from my college days. Rachel, in the green to the right of me, is just entering her second trimester with Baby #3!
Our friends from International Friendships gave Michael (who showed up later and did the job of loading and unloading the car) his own special gift...
It's a coffee grinder (decorated with special baby decor) for all those long nights! Michael loves special coffee from faraway lands, and sometimes needs caffeine to get through boring meetings and reading research papers, so this will definitely be put to good use!
I will see if I can get a few more pictures as well. I had a very good time. At this shower, the majority were guessing I'm having a boy (though some said they are hoping it is girl). It is fun to hear all the guesses! I'm still not personally convinced either way now. I am grateful to all who showed up, helped shower us with gifts, and who were part of the planning!!
On a side note, I am so glad all the parties are over now. I ate so much food on my birthday, my poor stomach (now scrunched for space) was still feeling full, heavy, and achy at 3am this morning. Even tonight, I feel like I'm still in recovery! I think after eating light the couple days I was really sick, my body wasn't ready for such an onslaught! On a good note, my cold improved enough that without medicine I was able to breathe through my nose all night long!
No comments:
Post a Comment