I always try to avoid taking medicine whenever I can, and I manged to avoid it during all of pregnancy at least until today. But I am so glad there are options that I can take, after last night felt like a trip through you know where for me!
After dealing with the sore throat, on Wednesday I really felt I was getting better. I was able to catch up on a little cleaning and make some food. Unfortunately, my health then took a major nose dive as I went to bed and this nasty congestion started. I couldn't sleep very weel, so yesterday I was feeling worse. I was so tired I even went to bed at 8:30pm, only to find I could not sleep for anything! I started crying a little after laying in bed almost threes hours tossing around. I finally went to sleep somehow, only to be woken up about an hour later! It then took two more hours to fall asleep again, and I think I never did get back into truly deep sleep again though I laid in bed until 11am. I keep feeling like my entire respiratory system from nose to lungs was swelling shut, and I kept putting tissues under my nose and kept drooling all over my pillow as my mouth was drying out but I could breath no other way. This was without exaggeration, one of the worst colds I have had (the only one in recent memory this bad was after I got one after completing a 20 mile run for marathon training last year....I later learned those long runs temporarily suppress the immune system and I had met with someone who was sick after the run without knowing this). Again I blame my suppressed immune system that comes along as my body focuses on protecting the baby. I am used to fighting colds off very efficiently. From this point on I am going to be extra careful and try to avoid being around people who are sick.
Speaking of Baby, I was so happy to feel him or her kicking and moving around like normal! At least one of us was active, and this was a relief.
This morning, my last day of being 27, I felt like I had been drug underwater or something. I couldn't believe I could still feel as tired as I did though I laid down so long. I finally resorted to finding out if there was any kind of medicine I could take. All the tea, liquids, water, vitamin C and such no longer helped and I knew if I didn't get some sleep I was in danger of having this develop into something more serious. I was prepared to call, but my OB already has given me a list of medicines for different ailments safe to take during pregnancy. I was so excited to be able to take Tylenol Cold! General Tylenol is also the only medicine safe enough to take while pregnant or breastfeeding. I had Michael pick some up at the store, ate a little more noodle soup though I wasn't really feeling hungry, and took a Tylenol night. I had a great 2-2.5 hour nap and sleep more soundly than I did all last night. I am still feeling a little loopy now, but for once am getting a break with all the symptoms. I am not going anywhere tonight, except back to bed early.
I did warn family to check with us before going to Dayton. I see no point in dragging myself up there if I still am not feeling good, and exposing everyone else to this. I wouldn't go and be around me right now birthday or not! But, at least now I could take Tylenol Cold it can stop my symptoms and help me get some sleep which might be alright. We'll just see. I'd rather just postpone if needed. One of Michael's aunts told me she was just in the doctor's office with similar symptoms early this week, and her doctor said this is going around big time. They said it started after we got all the dry air after Ike blew threw. I don't know what to blame, but I just hope it goes away soon.
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment