Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Is Mom Crazy, Or What??

I was told to wait a week or two before driving. After one week, I'm doing fine so decided it was time to drive again. While some people love to have others take care of them as long as possible, I'm more independent and prefer getting back into the swing of things as soon as I feel ready. Michael's parents visited us for the day, and we decided to make an appearance at International Friendships last night with the little man. I decided that since the virus season is not in full swing yet, we most likely have a better chance being out now without getting sick than we will later. Also, Mom does take a lot of precautions. I kept little Liam in my Moby Wrap, so he remained close to me and so I don't have to worry about people grabbing or touching him without my permission (which generally only requires a good hand washing) or sneezing on him. I also didn't stay too long. Everyone was super-excited to see him, and I enjoyed getting out of the house for awhile. Liam just enjoyed sleeping close to me. Wearing the wrap is great. It reminds me a little of being pregnant, and it probably brings back some inner memories of the womb for him.

Today we also went to a friend's wedding that was right down the street. Here is Liam all ready to go in some of his cute, "official" boy clothes!
Posted by Picasa


Some people may think I must be bit crazy to take him out like this so soon. But, I just explain to them when you are an active person before baby, the last thing you want to do after baby is just become a recluse and constantly stay at home. And is it a little crazy or daring? Doesn't matter to me either way, it just works for my lifestyle to get out a little! I also figured if I'm going to be sitting around just holding the baby, I might as well go sit at the church down the street and see the wedding with Michael. He was so good as well! Only fussed a little once, but with the pacifier immediately calmed down and went to sleep. I didn't go to the reception, but I did enjoy going and seeing several friends who are rarely in town.

For all of you unfamiliar with the Moby Wrap, here is what it looks like.
Loving every minute of it!


Michael's main excitement of the day occurred as he played a train video and was holding Liam. He noticed Liam trying to watch, and actually smile. Sure the smile might have just been from gas, but it was still very cute. Another future train-buff in the making.

1 comment:

Melissa B. said...

Good for you! You look fantastic!