Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homecoming

Tonight, around 9:30 or so William (or Liam, whichever you prefer!) came home. It actually wasn't as weird as I expected, being turned loose with a baby, bringing him to our home, and knowing the house would never be the same again. I am just so glad to be home! Away from constant interruptions that kept me from sleeping, away from the uncomfortable hospital bed that would randomly adjust itself sometimes when I moved (and wasn't even at an easy level to pick up the baby for nightly feeding sessions), and back into comfortable smells and sights.

Liam did wonderful in the car ride, was calm and peaceful. His feline brothers seem to be taking well to him so far, both are very curious. I fed them some salmon, and we have been praising them. When he cried they were skittish at first, but later Chester came up to check him out. Here are some pictures of the first meeting (we got some cute video as well!), and I hope the beginning of a wonderful relationship.

Michael is setting up Liam's pack n play, while I'm just relaxing next to this beautiful baby boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lisa! how cute! are you up for a visitor tomorrow after 3pm? i get home from work then and would love to come by and visit! what a beautiful boy!

love heidi

Melissa B. said...

I usually check your blog every Monday. Boy was I amazed to find out you had given birth already! He is absolutely beautiful! I am so glad everything went well. I'm excited to read your birth story when you get around to telling it. Enjoy every moment. They are only little once. Most hearty congratulations!
Love,
Melissa