Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mama's Little Night Owl

Thanks so much for all the support from all you Moms who know what these first nights are like, as well as support from those of you who haven't been through it but still empathize!

Last night was much better. From 11-1am Liam was wide awake, but since I had a nap I was too! He was so cute, I spent most of my time taking pictures and video of him. Had to share it! He looks a lot like little Michael in many of these pictures!



He is looking over because he hears his Daddy!


I love my little sleep bag!
What are you looking at?


Finally, getting sleepy again!

At 1am, I fed him and laid him down. He slept in 2 hour intervals, and from 5-8am slept at least 3 hours! That was so nice! The one funny moment of the night happened around 4:30am. Liam did the classic boy thing and started peeing straight up in the air when I was changing his diaper! I wasn't as alert to prevent this as I normally am, so before I covered him it splashed everywhere. Couple drops on my face, on the blanket wrapped around me, on the dresser, on the lamp, alarm radio, bag of diapers, on the wall, you get the picture! It was actually quite funny, and not as gross when it is your own newborn that does that.

Michael and I feel a lot better today, and made waffles for brunch. We have started getting back into slowly straightening up our house and getting rid of some of the clutter that started piling up. Today I am thankful for energy to do more at last!

I cannot figure out how to get the video feature to work yet. Once I do, I will upload a few little clips from time to time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so precious! I can't wait to meet him! These are great pics and I laughed out loud at the thought of him doing "the typical boy thing" when you were changing him.
~sara n

Leah said...

I've definitely been sprayed multiple times! Keep a washcloth handy and cover that booger up, or you'll keep getting doused! It stops being cute after a while! ha ha