Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lisa's Pregnancy Journey

I just set up all my bi-weekly belly pictures in an album that can be viewed online in a slide show. I think it is very cool to see how things progress, and that was one of my main purposes of taking all the pictures. I wanted to share with anyone interested!

From Pregnancy Journey

Though some people think I look back to normal already, I am actually just back to where I was at the beginning of the second trimester. After being slightly discouraged at times it took me forever to show, this is the benefit now after baby. I can fit a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes, especially shirts and any pants/jeans I used to need belts with, but not slacks that used to fit my waist perfectly. I plenty of clothes to get by. I'm about 7-10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and am feeling great. The other change I noticed since Liam was born, is I don't have perpetually dry skin on my hands anymore.

Finally, a couple little things I forgot to mention. First, from my birth story, when I was in labor and still laying on the couch, our cats were awesome and tried to comfort me for awhile. Pumpkin was laying on the back of the couch a good part of the day, and Chester was laying on a pillow right in front of my belly and kept trying to rub me. It was very cute, they knew something was up for sure. Also, I don't think I wrote but I was surprised when Liam's cord fell off when I think he was 5 days old! Sometimes it takes longer. We just left it alone, since now days they tell you not to put alcohol or anything on it unless it is oozing. My pediatrician said when people used to put rubbing alcohol on babies cords regularly, sometimes they would take forever to fall off because it destroyed some of the good bacteria that helped break it down.

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

My sister's cord fell off before she got home from the hospital!

You are looking good. Good to hear the weight loss goes so well. I'm starting to get nervous...

Leah said...

Dannys was on for almost two weeks even though we never used alcohol!