Today I was slow to post because I decided to take a trip down to the GAP outlet store in Kentucky. This outlet not only has GAP brand, but also Banana Republic and Old Navy. Since it is a bit of a drive, I called first since one of the women on a pregnancy forum I am on said they are discontinuing the maternity department at her local GAP outlet (I think in Colorado). This store said they had maternity clothes, so I went to explore without getting my hopes too high. I ended up pleasantly surprised! They had a larger selection than our local Kohl or Target stores I tried so far. Granted, some things there are noticeably damaged or were styles I didn't care for, but overall there were plenty of potential diamonds in the rough! I found a pair of comfortable maternity jeans I really like. They actually have style (sometimes rare in the world of maternity clothes), they were long (for those of us vertically blessed), and the size was based off my pre-pregnancy size (instead of being just small, medium, large) so they fit me better than the ones at Motherhood did. Best part of all, they were only $2 with no visible defects or problems I saw (normally they run $68)!
I also found a cute dress as well for only $10 (normally $50), that is super comfortable. It is lightweight enough for summer, but a perfect color also for fall (and by then when I'm large I'll likely be hot anyway). The lighting isn't that great anywhere in our house, but here was my best attempt using some mirror tricks:


I definitely plan to go back sometime, when I have more time! They also had TONS of cute and cheap baby clothes as well.
On random news, a little cat just showed up on our back porch that looks just like a mini-Chester! Michael took a picture of him and is trying to find the owner. We cannot adopt a third right now, especially with a baby coming, but I really hope we either find the owner or can find a great home for him. He is so friendly and sweet, we really wonder if a college student just left him when he/she moved home for the summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment