This has been one crazy weekend, with the craziest thing being our weird June heatwave. The past several days the temperatures have climbed in the 90's, and the humidity has been formidable enough to zap one's energy and make it unpleasant to be outside long. I went to a company picnic on Friday night, and several ladies were looking out for me and asking if I was doing alright. Had I been a lot bigger I'm sure I would have been miserable, but as things stand I was holding up just fine by drinking plenty of water.
Saturday, we went to a memorial service for one of my great uncles on my Dad's side of the family. It was very interesting learning all kinds of unique things about my Uncle Harry, and meet other members of the family I don't know or don't remember ever meeting. My sister and I found we have second cousins fairly close in age, one that lives near me and one that lives near her. Each were married and have one young child, and were nice to talk to. We exchanged information to keep in touch. We left around 3pm, and I was so exhausted after I got home I had little motivation to finish straightening up the house with Michael before his family showed up for the evening. I actually fell asleep on the love seat, in my clothes as I was for about an hour or so. I woke up and felt much, much better! I have never been a napper, but I wouldn't have made it long into the evening without that afternoon siesta!
We all had Skyline for dinner, then went to see the new Indiana Jones movie (we covered Michael's Dad's meal and movie as our Father's Day gift for him). It was good. More memorable for me than the movie was noticing before it started how badly my belly button hurt! It felt like I just did 100 crunches! I have not had any kind of pain like that ever before, so it was quite odd. Just another little reminder I many not have an "inny" belly button much longer for awhile!
Today Michael and his family went to Kings Island, while I stayed back to go to church, the church picnic afterward, and then my cousin Christy's graduation party. I was glad not to be at Kings Island, since it was so incredibly hot and humid and I am not allowed to ride many rides. It was also important to me to see my cousins, and they were excited to see me and my new little belly. I enjoyed the time with them, with my aunt, my parents, sister, and grandparents. I'm sure Michael also enjoyed just sometime with his family too! I have yet to hear how their full day went, but I hope it was good. Now, I'm just relaxing and so thankful we installed central air in our 95 year-old house after we bought it three years ago!!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Your little belly is so cute!
Post a Comment