Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baby's Hawaiian Summer Outfit!

I am a month behind on posting this, but it is timely now that it is officially summer. Finding a baby outfit in Hawaii was harder than I expected, especially finding anything neutral that looked Hawaiian and not exactly like something I could buy at home. I did find a baby cap that was so cute: a mellow shade of yellow and said "Aloha Baby" and had little palm trees stitched on both sides. But when I noticed the price was $22, I immediately ruled it out of consideration. Not paying that much for just a little cap! We searched everywhere, and ultimately the most neutral thing I found was a Hawaiian shirt that came with little shorts for only $8. I chose blue instead of green, because I personally preferred the shade of blue. It is a bright, tropical shade of blue that fit Hawaii and was one that would look cute on a girl or boy. Since the outfit admittedly looks more boy (and no this isn't on purpose), if we have a girl I plan to pair the Hawaiian shirt with a little white skirt and probably put a cute little headband or girly little hat. The cute little khaki shorts could be worn with any little shirt. I want to dress our kids in a variety of colors (within reason). No pink for a boy (even though these days even some straight men wear pink), but to me blue can go either way! ;-) Hawaiian shirts are the only floral pattern general males in our culture can get away with!

Pumpkin was curious what I was doing, and decided to ham it up in front of the camera. The baby will be a slightly bigger than him when he or she will fit into this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!