Today I tried to wear my normal capris, only to discover I could barely pull the zipper up half way! The pants still stayed up, but I didn't feel as secure as before. I wore a really long shirt, so could get away with it, but once when I was sitting down I noticed the zipper starting to creep down slightly. Time to put these pants on reserve. The only things with zippers I can wear are some skirts, and this is only because I can pull them up high enough. Even then, I still cannot zip them all the way!
I just read today that after 20 weeks, the baby will no longer be measured from "crown to rump" but from head-to-toe. This week, the baby is supposed to be around the length of a banana (or around 10 inches)!
For a team-building exercise, the marketing department at my office got to go to a baseball game, and were give $20 in vouchers for food. The home team lost and the game was not exciting, but we had perfect weather. The sun was just so warm, I was seriously nodding off between the 3-5 innings (honestly, I wonder if I did doze off for a few minutes here and there). I got enough sleep last night, just having another of my tired days again. I woke up more around half time and got myself more water.
I also just noticed two new "weird-to-me" pregnancy things I had to mention. First, I was shocked to notice I started producing colostrum within the last day or so! All you moms reading this will know what that is, and for those who don't it means my body is just activating and "testing" before becoming a full-time milk machine. This early "foremilk" starts very slowly in pregnancy (usually third trimester, but can start earlier), and is what a newborn will first consume after birth before the regular milk sets in. It is very high in nutrients and is the perfect food for newborns. Odd "water spots" in my bra and tipped me off. It is so weird!
I also looked at my belly today and noticed a very light darker line (called linea nigra) running from my belly button on down. It is so light right now, I am not totally sure if I'm imagining it or not (and it wouldn't even show up in pictures)! It may darken more, and generally does appear as the belly starts stretching more.
Speaking of stretching, sitting up really fast when I first wake up also is no longer a good idea. I find when I do, I get a lot of round ligament pains and general aches. I have to roll over to the side or take it more slowly. There can be no more waking up and forgetting I'm pregnant these days!
Welcome to Our Blog!
This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment