Welcome to Our Blog!

This blog is designed to be an entertaining and easy way for our friends and family to see pictures and videos, plus keep up-to-date with all our parenting adventures. Don't worry if it's been awhile since we posted, just means we're going through a busy time and have our priorities in order!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Maternity Clothes Shopping: Round 2

This week, I have started feeling a lot more pregnant than I had been: tiredness that seems to linger no matter how much sleep I get, a very slight headache, a growing belly that interferes with the way I normally talk on the phone already (laying on my stomach on the bed), the urge to pee that comes more frequently and urgently than before, and a voracious appetite! This led me to venture out and try to go shopping for maternity clothing again, this time at a store that has been recommended more and only sells maternity stuff: Motherhood.

Overall had a very positive impression of this store. They have generally good prices, much cuter clothes, much bigger selection. They also have a little bit of everything! The lady was very helpful, since it was my first time, and gave me a tour around telling me all kinds of information. It was cool getting helpful, personal service! The hour went way too quick, but I'll have to go back. I did try on a pair of maternity jeans that didn't fit too bad, except I was concerned about the length because I'm tall. At least for summer, I could just make due with capris that are cooler anyway.

Thankfully, my energy returned randomly around 2pm and my little headache finally ceased. Our Indian chicken dinner was really tasty, and I met up with a friend I graduated from college with to go check out this year's senior design projects. It was fun returning to the place we used to come all the time 4 years ago, and also to see what changed.

My only other story today was a cicada incident. I was walking out to my car, and just sat down inside when I heard one chirping on me. Even if you aren't afraid of them, it is still a distressing sound. The last thing you want to do it pretend it is not there, only to have it start flying around your car shrieking while you are driving! I immediately stepped out of the car, brushed myself off and shook out my hair. I didn't find one. I checked my lunch bag and it was clear too. However, when I sat back down chirp....chirp. I started to get more nervous maybe it was up my skirt...now that would not be cool. I was relieved to find it clinging on the back side of my purse! I shooed it off outside and shut my windows as I drove home to avoid other stowaways. I am so thankful the variety on a 17 year cycle that last invaded our neighborhood was only back in 2004 (we might be gone before the next brood emerges). I am also glad these things are supposed to be gone by around July 4. Fingers crossed!

No comments: